The conventional wisdom is “You can’t shelter your children forever.” While this may be true when those children become adults and leave their father’s household, it is certainly not true in those formative years. The Bible says that children lack wisdom, and:
- Parents are to guide them every step of the way.
- Children are required by God to obey their parents
- Protecting children from sin is a God-commanded function of parents and all adults,
- as well as teaching respect for adults
- and fostering family and spiritual affections.
Trumbull, C. in Dix, S., ed. (2013). Outlawed! How Anthony Comstock Fought & Won the Purity of a Nation [ebook]. Location 2498-2505